Welcoming...

In the deep blue sky are millions of stars,And on this green land are only a few stars,
To know more about the twinklin star,we all gape using a telescope,
To know more about this shinning star. All you have is my blogspot in your scope

Welcome to the ROMANTIC brackets of { Vinuthan }

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Book Cricket

when i was kid, one thing that made my world was playing. And my parents rightly gave me all the freedom. I was also good in studies also as my sweet sister would motivate me (she was some kind of rare brains. always a topper). I used to think all the time about playing. And at 5 pm in the evening we friends use to gather in the ground near by. I was lucky enough to have 1o of my classmates in the same colony and also lucky enough to have the school very near my house (about 10 min walk) and also lucky enough to have a huge ground near by. I remember my mom praying as to when will i loose interest in sports whenever there was exams :).

My mom and dad used to not allow me to play and so did parents of my friend during exams. But as my smart from my childhood days, i used to find innovative ideas to play. This is one among them. The book cricket.

Rules:
Take a book with lots of pages.
Act as if you are reading the book :)
Now have a book and pen down the team members name.
As usual have a toss so decide who has to bat
Now open the book.
The page number of the page on right side decides on what the status of the ball is.
Every open of the book is a ball bowled.
The right side of the page always as an even page number 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 etc
2, 4, 6 and 8 are the runs. 8 is 1 run
0 means OUT
for page number 12, 112 etc consider only the last number (here 2)

rest of the rules are same as rules of cricket example: when 1 run is taken the other batsman gets to bat. when 6 balls are over, the next bowler can be considered etc

So this is another form of cricket which i used to enjoy, get addicted to and freek
entire book used to get over. tournaments would be played. world cup cricket would be played etc.

I used to always have my favorite player score some runs....How is that...Guess
Then my favorite player used to be Dean Jones. Simply because he was cool and one of the nest players of one day and a front foot player

Hope i am not spoiling others who read at work place

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails