Welcoming...

In the deep blue sky are millions of stars,And on this green land are only a few stars,
To know more about the twinklin star,we all gape using a telescope,
To know more about this shinning star. All you have is my blogspot in your scope

Welcome to the ROMANTIC brackets of { Vinuthan }

Saturday, February 20, 2010

House Husband

When i was a kid, teachers;parents and relatives would always ask me ..."what you want to be when you grow up"...what a stupid question asked by someone aged>30 to a kid who is <13 years. How the hell do i know what i want to be.I just wanted to play..eat chocolates...however kids are smart to tell the common things like...Engineer, doctor, Prime Minister etc...and impress them. The elders would then appreciate us and tell "this kid has a vision..." Within me i knew that i was just fooling around....well i always wanted to be a "maradona"...i wanted to be a "Vivian Richards" or "dean Jones"....as i was very good in sports..I had represented my district at the state level in football with Shirt No 11. Other than sports, for some reasons i wanted to be an aerospace engineer..may be i liked the aeroplanes flying up high...
One day, I overheard a conversation of a women we can do all that men can do....we should be treated equal....etc
                                                   
As I liked math, i only picked the equal word of the conversation... OK....we are equal I thought...no issues...my mind started thinking (@ the age of 13).....If men == women, then why don't we swap our tasks too....why can't men become house husband....and wife go to work..their complaint was that they don't have the freedom or right to express...here you go...have it all.....let us become the house husband and you can go to work..... :)
deep within me, an alternative profession to engineer, was always becoming a house husband....
Well I got an opportunity now, to make my small dream come true...for a month....I have been working day in and out on an average for 16 hrs daily all these years (7 years now). my leaves were getting lapsed every time but this time i did not want to let it go waste....hence made up my mind to avail leaves..i started planning so that the work does not get affected..I had a lot of comp-off leaves for all the weekends i worked. I applied for a month leave...the managers started eating my head to split it to a smaller duration leave...but i had no second thoughts about it and wanted the leave in a stretch.
                                        
Now that I am on leave, I wake up at 6.30 AM...Help my wife in making tea, preparing breakfast, iron clothes...poor her, she goes to office early everyday...and travels 3 hrs daily....I feel sorry for her...so here i was helping her in the morning. She gets a hug and a sweet BYE BYE when she leaves home at 7.20 AM. Then I drink a cup of hot tea with  newspaper in my hand(I read all the pages including the page 3) followed by an hour of meditation. This makes me stay relaxed and energized. Then I prepare my breakfast (mostly dosa) and wash all the utensils. time passes by so quickly. It is already 10AM. Nice shower (manicure+pedicure)..prayers....some blogging...read interesting articles on net....talking to my parents for 1/2 an hour over phone...watch some sports on TV (luckily there is some or the other sport activity going on this month.....the INDIA-SA Test cricket....IPL etc....) are the next set of activities..
I am planning to spend some time on philately, coin collection and painting....the things i left long time back
It is already noon by then...It is so hot in Bangalore these days...gone are the good old days. I prepare rice,sambar and have my lunch. WOW such a nice food....tired of eating @hotels in the noon....Then my eyes gets heavy and cannot resist sleep. I sleep till 4 (It is so nice to sleep in afternoon) and have a cup of hot Tea at 4 with some snacks(vadas)....then I call my wife couple of times to know what is happening in the company...some Masala news..what time she is coming home..
At dusk I go for a brisk walk....purchase some food items like milk n curds ..... watch some serials or films...do some chatting with neighbors about serial ...... By then the power goes off for an hour n I spend some time in the terrace gazing at the sky looking at the stars. At around 7:30 I prepare dinner and make sure that its ready before my wife comes home....I then pick her up at around 8:30PM so that some time is saved. Once she is back I am so happy...we dine together...watch some TV and then go to bed....The day is done.....
 
                                        
Ha ha, this sounds crazy..............I am enjoying this....I know that this is gonna be there just for a month.....and then would be back in office
Some spicy things missing out here are, I have not yet started kitty parties.....no kids yet...hence no pick and drop to school...no homework etc.....
It is a nice feeling and I am enjoying to the fullest.......the equation EQUAL is cool.....
Reader's can add some ideas and share their experience if they have one......... :)
Any House Husband group ha ha...just kidding....
reviewed by: my wife

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails